The following is an update of the latest events in Tripoli by the FreeGeneration Movement:
- Two female katiba soldiers injured by two male katiba soldiers in an episode of infighting in Gergarish district. Reason is as yet unverifiable by FGMovement.
- A vast increase in check points on outskirts of soug al jomaa, fashloum, araada, dahmani, ben ashour, furnag, ein zara. Check points heavily armed.
- Checkpoint soldiers between Tripoli and Zawiyah excitedly announcing to all drivers that “France has withdrawn from combat”. Todays majority vote in French parliament favouring continued support for Libyan civilians likely a huge morale blow to very same soldiers and remainder of security..
- Mini exodus from Tripoli as families leave the capital leaving behind the shabab (youth) in anticipation of a new phase. Many youth who are discovering themselves on wanted lists are also escaping the capital.
- FGMovement confirms continued defections from internal and external security in Tripoli. Now defectors are not abandoning posts in an effort to serve the uprising now and at zero hour.
- Whilst FGMovement confirmed the vast decrease in regime capacity to monitor phone calls, we still call for extreme vigilance when using mobile networks in regime controlled areas. We have today received verified reports of phone calls being recorded and transcripts being leaked.
- Rumours of 16 youth in tripoli being arrested have reached us. We cannot verify the reliability or accuracy of this rumour. We confirm that none of the members of FGMovement have been arrested and are safe, well and busy. We wish those who have been kidnapped by the regime protection from Allah.
The Free Generation Movement truly finds inspiring and heart warming all the messages of support and those messages asking us to be careful. We would like to clarify:
We take great pride in the strength of our security here in Tripoli.
Over the last 5 months our security has evolved and developed whereas the regime security has become more weak and fragmented, day by day.
We have no intention of stopping our work for this uprising nor do we intend on leaving Tripoli. The movement will continue to be based in the Capital and will continue to defy the regime until our objective is met.
We are ALL the Free Generation Movement.